Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and well being. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Associate Director of Social Media is a coveted management position that supports all aspects of Vital Proteins’ social media program, reporting into the Director of Ecommerce. It is a job that requires vast industry knowledge, a passion for quick growth, and a dedication to engaging with the full Vital Proteins social community. The primary responsibility of the job is to build and strengthen Vital Proteins’ connection with our passionate consumers via strategy development and management of execution across all online outlets and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter.
The Associate Director of Social Media is responsible for the brand’s overarching social media strategy. This role requires strategic planning and execution of major social campaigns & new product launches. It also requires a major commitment to providing creative content on a consistent basis. This role oversees the entire social media department, working especially close with the Social Media Manager. The Associate Director of Social Media will be held to high platform following & engagement growth standards. Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce this role will be remote.
What you will be responsible for:
- Develop overarching social media strategy and growth objectives across all social channels.
- Maintain a fair, balanced level of exposure across all brand objectives, inclusive of retailers, partners, influencers, UGC, branded content, education, recipes, ratings and reviews, etc.
- Acting as a liaison to the digital leadership team, providing weekly insights and learnings as well as action plans for growth.
- Serve as brand social lead, developing and executing best-in-class social programs in alignment with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and integrated / retail teams.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity and other social media leaders to bring early adopter technologies and trends to Vital Proteins.
- Be a force of proposal within the brand to go after high-potential opportunities.
- Develop standards, expertise and best practices within Social to inform and scale across all social channels.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- 7+ years related experience – social media and content creation
- 3 + years of progressive leadership/management experience
- Comfortable growing and developing a team of social experts
- Branding, CPG experience highly valued
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills
- Experience liaising with key retailers a plus
- Highly engaged in and active on social media
- Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented, team player and solution-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and budgets
- Team player with ability to interface with many departments
- You must have the ability to read, write and understand English