This is a part-time (15-30 hours per week), hourly contractor position. Serial Box is located in New York and is remote-work friendly.
About the Company:
Serial Box is a reading and audio entertainment platform. The company creates and curates immersive stories that you can listen to or read in our apps and on our site. We build teams of writers to produce entirely original series (typically 8-10 episodes, 20-40 min each). We also tell official new stories around fandom’s most beloved characters and worlds including Marvel’s Black Panther, Warner Brothers/DC’s Wonder Woman, BBCA/AMC’s Orphan Black, etc. Our investors have backed companies like Gimlet, Glossier, Slate, Warby Parker, Hotel Tonight, Outdoor Voices. Serial Box has been featured in The New York Times, Wired, NPR, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, Forbes, etc.
- “Best of the year”—Apple
- “Must-have app”—Buzzfeed
- “Like Game of Thrones but for your ears”—i09
- “The HBO of reading”—NPR
We’re in the process of overhauling our visual identity and we’re looking to hire a Communications Designer Contractor to help us create stunning content and marketing assets.
There’s a huge creative opportunity to make some funky, killer work, and you’ll work with people who have experience working with companies like Wieden+Kennedy, Sagmeister & Walsh, and R/GA.
What you’ll create:
- Motion typography videos
- Static, video, and looping GIF ads
- Cover artwork for our titles
- Oozes “witty, weird, and welcoming”
- Shows a strong sense of layout and type
- Includes motion type videos
- Includes cover art, book cover designs, album art, NYTimes cover art — whatever!
- Static and video ads
- Background with the usual suspects like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Work quickly and effectively – you put in a lot of care into mood boards and references, and never let red-tape get in the way
- Experience working across a variety of aesthetics*
- A super nice, witty personality
* Every cover we create is totally unique and we don’t have a house style. You can design across a variety of aesthetics – from retro sci-fi covers to 1930s noir.