Who we are:
We’re a fast growing SaaS company based in Riga, Latvia. Our core service is sellfy.com – a simple, yet powerful e-commerce platform for content creators and online businesses. We’re a small team of collaborators from Europe, Asia and the US – dedicated developers, designers, and customer care reps – all striving for the same goal: to provide our creators with an easy-to-use e-commerce service to grow their business.
Who you are:
You are a reliable, thoughtful, patient, and empathetic communicator located in the U.S., preferably the Pacific Time Zone (PST).
Ideally, you enjoy explaining things and helping to solve problems – you might even be a detective at heart who goes the extra mile to solve a riddle. You know how to investigate and look for answers on your own (especially when you don’t know anything about the subject at hand) just as you know how to pitch in during a team effort project. You are naturally proactive and able to apply innovative thinking to ordinary issues.
This role transcends traditional customer support as we truly try and listen to our users, to develop and expand our platform upon the insights we gain from them. So, we’re not looking to fill a simple Customer Service agent position answering tickets. We’re looking for an apt people person who will help maintain and grow Sellfy’s customer loyalty while paying close attention to their needs and [indirect] feedback.
Your job includes identifying unmet customer needs and design flaws, and to offer suggestions on how to improve on these. We know that our Support Team members, you, are of tremendous importance for not only keeping our customers happy on the frontlines, but for being the link between them and our service. We don’t enforce a hierarchical structure at Sellfy in the conventional sense; we believe each team member can play a role in improving Sellfy.
You’ll be responsible for answering any incoming inquiries during your work hours and helping to solve customer problems on your own, or with the help of the team if technical assistance is required. You’ll be handling customer inquiries via email and live chat, only. In addition, we hope that you’ll be excited to contribute to other Support or Marketing related projects too!
We are planning to bring you on board in March/April 2020. To start off, you’ll be working 4 days per week for approximately 10 – 12h during afternoons/ evenings with at least one of those days being a weekend day. During the assigned hours, you are expected to periodically check in to Sellfy’s inbox, respond to incoming tickets and log technical issues with the team if necessary. The volume can vary from day to day and you will log your work hours according to the hours you spent handling tickets, rather than the entire time frame.
Until June, the assigned timeframe will vary between 2 – 4 hours for 3 days per week. For the 4th day of each week, with every other day being a weekend day, the timeframe will increase to 6 hours.
This position will evolve to a more flexible role and require a 6 day 20 – 25h/week commitment from June 2020 onwards. Depending on your willingness to be a part of other projects, the hours can increase.
- You must be located in the Pacific Time Zone (PST), or willing to work PST hours.
- You must be available to work at least one weekend day/evening.
- You must be available to commit to increasing availability to 6 days of 20 – 25h/week starting June.
- You must be willing to work as an independent contractor.
- You must have a working laptop and reliable internet.
We need you to:
- Have previous experience with email and chat support
- Be an efficient and friendly communicator with immaculate English
- Be able to prioritise your own time and meet your own deadlines
- Have an almost annoying attention to detail
- Think and work autonomously
- Be eager to grow professionally
- Be adept in the world of digital downloads, application software, and file types
It would be nice if you:
- Have experience working in startups, SaaS, e-commerce companies
- Are familiar with the remote-work lifestyle
- Have worked as an independent contractor previously
- Bring some basic coding skills in HTML to the table
- Have experience with Help Scout, Asana, and Slack
What we offer:
- Remote/work-from home lifestyle
- A tight-knit team that values you and your opinions
- Flexible hours within a given time frame
- Negotiable compensation for workspace costs, after 90 days
- Freedom to share your own ideas for improvement
- Annual team trips with SUPing, surfing & other activities (previous places we have traveled to include Barcelona and Croatia)