J&S Transportation ships cars and trucks across the USA. Founded in Billings, Montana in 2000, we’ve shipped over half a million vehicles on our own truck fleet and with our shipping partners. Help us grow the next phase of our business!
This is a growth opportunity in the new consumer retail division in our company. Historically we’ve served a business clientele like auto auctions and car dealers, but now we’re creating a service for individuals who want to ship a car. It’ll grow into a national direct-to-consumer auto transport brokerage.
We’ve invested in an innovative real-time pricing technology so we can scale up and confidently stand behind our automated price quotes. This is different than competitors who confuse customers about the final delivery price. To promote our unique online quote and booking platform, we’re organizing our marketing, sales and customer service programs.
Top priority is the hiring of an enthusiastic Customer Success & Sales Specialist to serve our customers. You will report to the owner and be part of a small team as the primary point of customer contact. An outsourced call center will provide supplementary support, but you’ll nurture our relationships with customers.
Sales + Service
This is an opportunity for the right person who has experience in customer service and wants to grow sales expertise. If you are uncomfortable asking for the money to complete an order from people who contacted us seeking a quote, this is NOT for you. If you want to expand your capacity to sell, this is your chance!
There is no prospecting in this role, but lots of responsive follow-up. The best salesperson is a self-aware helper. Be their answer!
Our company is based on honest and open communication. We communicate as much as we can with the customer, whether it’s good or bad, and we go from there. Our communication is unlike common auto transport companies who overpromise to get the order and then deal with the customer disappointment. Distinct from much of our industry, our company reflects Montana values of honesty and keeping our word. That’s important to the ownership and the people that work here.
More about the job
The Customer Success & Sales Specialist will set the tone from the initial stages of communication. All contact is in-bound seeking an instant online quote, and you’ll guide them through the multiple-step purchase to delivery process that unfolds over weeks. Shipping a car from Seattle to Miami takes awhile.
We are not the cheapest, so you’ll explain our service level, our focus on prompt delivery, and our record of good reviews. For those who’ve already booked an order, you’ll make sure our customers LOVE working with us. For prospects, you’ll respond to inquiries and possibly follow up to help them reach a decision.
In coordination with our truck dispatcher, you’ll relay info across multiple mediums: phone, email, live chat, and SMS text. Our clients appreciate the customer support and how we keep them updated, the speed of delivery, and peace of mind that we offer throughout their experience with us. You’ll also coordinate with our content marketer to highlight customer success stories.
You need others on our team to support you to be able to do your job. Expect coordination and communication daily.
- Ability to work fixed hour shifts Monday through Friday.
- If you are applying for the REMOTE WORK FROM HOME position, you must demonstrate ability to work remotely, showing up online reliably and coordinating with a team across multiple time zones.
- Proficient at using online software tools, managing multiple data entry systems and making the most of multiple monitors.
- Must have a love of talking on the phone on a daily basis. Strap on your headset. You’ll answer phones with a consistent, warm and professional greeting. You’ll call people back and leave clear messages.
- You can write with a clear, friendly, simple tone in email, texts, and live chat.
- Ability to learn our business and then prioritize support requests. Tidy the inbox and show initiative to follow-up on issues, without prompting.
- You understand and appreciate the fact that a positive team environment is both productive and efficient, and benefits a customer’s experience. You have the ability to be respectful, and listen to the needs and suggestions of teammates. You can play a pivotal role on the team for the benefit of the company.
Valued Skills or Attributes:
- Previous experience in customer service and/or relevant experience in a position with similar skill sets and qualifications.
- Be a people person with the ability to anticipate customer needs and build a genuine relationship with them. Build rapport with a range of customer personality types.
- You are capable of listening to and advocating on the customer’s behalf to our team. Ability to empathize with customers and imagine their circumstances and feelings. Desire to patiently listen to questions, concerns, complaints and requests while trusting in our process to resolve issues.
- You’re capable of learning to confidently communicate about our service and industry. Fundamentally, you have the desire and ability to learn about sales (Don’t worry, we’ll train you! Be willing to travel to Billings, Montana for onboard training.)
- You’re excited to delight and build trust. You’re open to humor brought at the right place at the right time as one way to delight people. Calm and poised under pressure during peak season.
- You can act autonomously with integrity and work independently – accountable for your own actions. You’re able to survey the opportunity as you start the day, see the urgent and the important, and then focus on what serves the organization’s goals and fits your own role. Then you can explain your decisions and be accountable for them.
- You’ve got problem-solving skills, you’re willing to investigate and reach a tentative conclusion and then continue to the answer.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the day to day management of correspondence and sales activity with prospects and our existing customers.
- Speaking on the phone with prospective customers and our already existing, highly valued customers to help place orders or manage their customer experience with us.
- Using our software programs tools and a database of information about our services along with templates to answer the customer questions, take detailed information and then use your judgment and sales skills, to customize the responses to be most fitting for that particular customer. For example, a custom transport to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Responding to prospective customers who complete the contact, inquiry forms on our website. Follow-up with prospective customers within the same business day to provide assistance and guidance and help to answer questions, and close the sale.
- Acting as the liaison between our customers and our Dispatcher & Sales Team.
- You will act as the Voice of the Customer to help ensure their experience with J&S Transportation is exceptional.
- Detect trends in the customer’s question and issues and then provide feedback to the team. Help us design a better customer experience!
Compensation and benefits
- Starting at $33,000 / year plus paid vacation.
- A performance bonus offers another 10%+ earnings opportunity, with monthly incentives for booking orders and profit sharing after 6 months.
- Employer contributions to health insurance, dental, optical and Simple IRA.
- If you are applying for the REMOTE WORK FROM HOME position, then you are eligible for home office ergonomic and Internet reimbursements.