Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data through use of our open source projects, such as Scrapy web crawling framework.
Scrapinghub helps companies, ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to up and coming early stage startups, turn web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services. Join us in making the world a better place for web crawler developers with our team of top talented engineers working remotely from more than 30 countries.
About The Job:
As a member of the Support Team at Scrapinghub, you will be responsible for providing customer support across all our platforms, working closely with development, sales and other technical teams to ensure our customers are receiving the best service possible.
We are big fans of Continuous Improvement and use metrics to measure and improve our processes, whenever possible we suggest improvements to our products and write our own internal tools in order to give the best possible service to our Customers.
You are extremely well organized and self-motivated – essential because we’re a remote team. You are a creative problem solver with think-outside-the-box and can-do attitude and have a passion for great customer service.
- Provide world class support for our Scrapinghub customers by delighting them in every interaction
- Investigate and resolve issues keeping the customer up to date on progress
- Strong customer focus with a mindset for preventing future recurrence of issues and be an advocate for customers to get the best value possible.
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently to resolve complex technical issues
- Share ideas, issues and lessons learned with the rest of the team and the community by constantly adding to and updating our Knowledge Base and process documentation
- Engage with engineering teams to help resolve issues and propose new features/processes that will improve our products and our customer service.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for existing or new Product and be the advocate for the Product including new product/feature readiness and gathering feedback.
- Assist developers in the customer organizations to help troubleshoot their spider code to the extent you can
- Provide assistance to internal groups in Scrapinghub to troubleshoot issues and make configuration changes
- Effectively collaborate within the team and with other teams to constantly improve the processes and tools for greater efficiency and better customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Customer Success and Sales to make the onboarding experience smooth for customers during pre-sales and post-sales phase.
- Be available to participate in the weekend on-call rotation – approximately one weekend every 2 months.
- 2+ years of support or equivalent experience in a customer facing role
- Basic understanding of Computer Networks (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL)
- Experience with any server side programming
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX or Mac Terminal command-line and simple scripting
- Basic understanding of Python to be able to write a simple code or review code.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to articulate a complex system or problem based on the type of audience
- Strong team player with good analytical and technical writing skills
- Strong relationship building skills with a sense of collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and commitments
- Availability to work full time, during US Pacific working hours
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
35 days paid holidays
Enrol in Scrapinghub’s Share Programme