Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta has developed a novel, team-based care model that delivers the Virta treatment exclusively through a telemedicine platform, with no brick-and-mortar clinics. Our ongoing clinical trial, which has already produced six peer-reviewed publications, shows that the Virta treatment has lowered hemoglobin A1c values under the diabetes threshold while discontinuing diabetes medications.
The American Diabetes Association has endorsed the core component of the Virta treatment, personalized carbohydrate restriction, as a first-line nutritional therapy for people with type 2 diabetes.
We’ve been reversing diabetes for the last five years, we see patients in all 50 states, and we are expanding our reach. Our mission: Reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
To achieve that mission, Virta is hiring providers to join our team.
For the right candidate, we are open to full-time, part-time or contractor arrangements.
- Evaluate prospective new patients in a telemedicine visit and develop a treatment plan that will put the patient on a path toward diabetes reversal
- Provide care of the highest quality that delivers an exceptional experience for the patient
- Deep interest in the science underpinning the Virta treatment
- Enjoy the support of the collegial team of Virta providers
- Board certified in a relevant specialty: internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinology preferred
- Possession of an unrestricted state medical license
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.