Are you a writer that loves researching your favorite products to compare their features, prices, and design elements? If you enjoy unboxing a new purchase, setting it up, and taking it for a test drive, then we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for strong writers that are experts in any of the following content categories: home, decor, travel, parenting, and health.
As a Lifestyle Review Writer, you will be analyzing products — from cotton sheets to cookware sets — to help readers weigh the pros and cons, get in-depth knowledge about the product or its category, and gain a clear understanding of your hands-on experience. You will use your writing skills and photography abilities to create a compelling review. We would like candidates to contribute at least three reviews per month.
About Your Contributions:
- Writing insightful and engaging 1000 to 2000 word review articles to help consumers make thoughtful buying decisions
- Setting up and testing multiple products at a time
- Taking high-quality, well-lit photos of the products in use
- Experience writing about the lifestyle categories mentioned above, with preference going to writers who have specifically written about products
- Experience taking sharp, clear photos (with access to a DSLR being a must)
- Adept at writing conversational and clean copy
- Experience writing for the Web
- Strong research skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meeting staggered deadlines
- Willingness to follow detailed guidelines, accept edits, and reshoot images
Your reviews will be published on The Spruce, Verywell, or Tripsavvy, depending on your areas of expertise. We are looking for reviewers who are able to take on 3-4 products at a time, with word counts ranging from 1,000-2,000 words per review. We offer very competitive rates per article.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.