Are you an experienced English teacher, either online or in a classroom?
If so, we want to talk to you.
We are launching a school that is focused on teaching English online to students all over the world. Many of our students are in China (although we are experiencing increasing interest from students in countries everywhere due to the coronavirus lockdowns).
Your job is to teach. Our job is to provide clients to you, ongoing training to help you improve and some light administrative support when issues arise. We will be promoting from within as we grow, and our best teachers will be the ones given those opportunities.
Our goal is to provide premium English education to non-native speakers. Furthermore, we want our teachers and our students to have FUN! We know that having fun is important for everyone, so we encourage it. It’s okay to laugh and joke about things as long as the course goals remain the top priorities.
- Fluency in the English language (native North American speakers preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Reliable, high-speed internet access
- A dependable computer with video and audio capability
- Flexibility with your schedule to overlap with foreign timezones
- Basic technical aptitude to troubleshoot issues with audio, video, etc. when needed
- A natural tendency to be patient and encouraging
- An independent attitude–we are always available to help, but we are not able to provide hand-holding every step of the way
Nice to have:
- A degree in English or education
- Experience teaching online or tutoring (English or another topic) via slides, video and audio
- Teaching certifications (EFL, ESL, TESOL)
- Testimonials from current or former students of yours
Our teachers work as independent contractors and are paid by the hour. The number of hours varies depending on the needs of our clients. We will work with you to help you fill the “right” number of hours for you, whether that’s part-time or full-time. The students are usually between five and fourteen years old and you will be teaching in a one-on-one setting via video conferencing.
Your responsibilities will include teaching (of course), working with parents and the company to make sure the students are achieving their goals and providing feedback reports after each session.
Our official launch date is a bit fluid at the moment due to the daily changes in the coronavirus situation. We plan to be live by mid-April and will be conducting interviews between now and the day we launch.
To apply, please submit your information with the button below.