In this position, you will be responsible for getting to know journal editors, understanding their concerns, and communicating how Scholastica can help improve their workflow. Our customer-facing departments (sales, marketing, and customer success) frequently work together, and the ideal candidate for this sales role is someone who is comfortable collaborating with others as well as working independently.
If you’re looking to work with a diverse group of analytical people who are working hard to make knowledge more accessible, we’d love to talk with you!
- Generate and qualify leads from an existing database
- Send sales emails to potential customers
- Respond promptly to requests for more information via email or phone
- Schedule introductory calls and online demonstrations with prospective customers
- Usher prospects through the sales cycle, being their point of contact for account setup and activation
- Coordinate with marketing and customer success on both ends of the sales lifecycle
- Maintain detailed CRM records and client communication
- Speak confidently about Scholastica’s platform features and technology
- Report regularly on KPIs and retrospective lessons-learned
We’d love it if you
- Are excited about a career in sales
- Like working at a startup and/or small company
- Have professional experience where you demonstrated achieving goals and weekly metrics
- Love to get “in flow”, be productive, and find ways to be more efficient
- Have strong communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Have experience with, or a sincere interest in, academia
- Enjoy learning new technologies
- Are detail-oriented and love documenting customer feedback
- Are an inbox-zero zealot
- Are a people person and enjoy answering questions
- Base salary plus commission, for total on-targets earnings (OTE) of $45k-$50k per year
- 20 workdays of paid time off, plus the OMP federal holidays
- 4 weeks of paid leave for parental leave (in addition to any remaining vacation days) for employees who have worked a minimum of 12 months
- Flexible working hours and location
- Health insurance plans
- Apple laptop provided
- Opportunity to grow alongside our company!
Academic journals are where researchers share the latest knowledge and breakthroughs in their fields. However, the process for publishing research is currently much harder and more expensive than it should be given the rapid progress of technology. You can read about the $12B scholarly publishing industry and its institutional problems on Vox or listen on BBC News.
Scholastica is dedicated to making the research published in academic journals more affordable and accessible to all. We make beautiful tools that enable journal editors, reviewers, and authors to work together more easily, and to make the management and publication of academic journals more efficient. You can learn more about our values, how we care about diversity & inclusion, and also learn more about the Scholastica team.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with “Sales” in the subject line. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.