Xapo is a fast-growing, global fintech company with a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, with 250+ Xapiens working from 50+ countries.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Senior Crypto Currency Developer at Xapo. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
BALANCE FOR BETTER
At Xapo, we embrace our differences and actively foster an inclusive environment where we all can thrive. We’re a flexible, family friendly environment, and we recognize that everyone has commitments outside of work. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women and minorities. Diversity is not a tagline at Xapo; it is our foundation.
We hire great people – and in exchange, we offer autonomy, flexibility, meaningful work, a collaborative team environment, and top tier compensation. Do the best work of your career at Xapo – and still have the time to enjoy all of life’s special moments!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Building high-quality software components that fulfill defined functional specifications and fit within architectural designs.
- Working autonomously, following a defined plan and achieving goals according to schedule.
- Working with a highly specialized, multidisciplinary team that handles the complete development lifecycle of a product, from envisioning to production deployment.
- Participating in the design, testing, and deployment of your code.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- Excellent proven Python development skills
- Experience programming Bitcoin Blockchain
- Good understanding of how transactions and blocks work
- Experience with bitcoin RPC interface
- Experience creating transactions, selecting utxos and calculating fees
- Experience with multisig, hd wallets and segwit
- Experience programming Ethereum/RSK Blockchain
- Good understanding of how transactions, blocks and events work
- Experience with RPC interface
- Experience with ERC-20 smart contracts
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs in Python
- Good SQL development skills
- Platforms and libraries:
- Experience with Linux and Docker
- Experience using Git, Stash, Jira
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work hard within a remote team
- Experience working by plan and objectives in autonomous mode
- Good communication skills and remote teamwork experience
- Strong communication skills in English is a must
- Experience within Fintech would be ideal
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high performance team
At Xapo, we’re building a way for users all over the world to send, receive, spend, and store their money globally and safely. We’re firm believers that no matter who you are or where you’re from, you deserve easy access to digital financial services.
Launched in 2014 by Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.