At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
You’ll be joining our Infrastructure Team, responsible for keeping Olo’s food ordering and delivery systems up and running reliably and securely.
Our DevOps-oriented team uses Infrastructure-as-Code with automation wherever possible. The system has many moving parts and frequent deployments.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
- Administering Windows Server roles such as IIS, Active Directory, WSUS, and DNS.
- Building virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Patching operating systems like Windows Server and Linux.
- Patching third party tools and security related vulnerabilities.
- Configuring Load Balancers, VPCs, and Security Groups.
- Troubleshooting network latency including analyzing packet captures.
- Proactively monitoring all systems for uptime and security. Noticing trends before they become issues. Improving Monitoring infrastructure as needed.
- Responding to PagerDuty alerts as part of an on-call rotation with another engineer.
- Resolving or escalating production issues to development teams as needed.
- Managing domain forests and replication.
- Forecasting and optimizing capacity and AWS infrastructure costs.
- At least 3 years experience administering a production level 24/7 web application.
- Expert level Windows Server knowledge, including IIS, Active Directory, Windows Server Performance Monitor, and Windows Networking.
- In-depth working experience with AWS services and APIs.
- Comfortable in your scripting tool of choice – PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, automation, and Infrastructure as Code.
- At least mildly comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Solid networking knowledge, capable of troubleshooting all types of network traffic issues.
- A passion for uptime.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Ansible, CloudFormation, GitHub, SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, SumoLogic, Datadog, Windows Server Failover Clustering, Consul, Docker, Terraform.
- PCI compliance experience.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform across 70,000 locations for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!