As a User Happiness Officer at Big Health, you will:
- Help members use the Sleepio & Daylight web program and app via SMS, email and phone
- Troubleshoot any problems users are having and help to resolve them quickly (ideally within 24 hours)
- Track recurring user feedback to help us improve Sleepio & Daylight
- Adhere to calling guidelines and clinical governance
- Be a Sleepio & Daylight champion, delivering user experiences which are consistent with our values and in adherence with our clinical guidelines
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have a background in remote working, as well as customer support or tech support
- Have a home office, or a private space, equipped with the tools you need to work remotely (we’ll supply a Macbook)
- Be comfortable making scripted, outgoing calls to check-in with our users
- Be fluent in English with excellent comprehension and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize
- Be kind, energetic, and supportive, with a passion for helping others
It’s a bonus if you:
- Are familiar with HIPAA laws and understand the importance of protecting PII and PHI
- Have experience with help desks, such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Help Scout
- Are familiar with Google Apps for Work
- Are comfortable making outgoing calls, to check-in with our users
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input.
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program.
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
More Background on Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight