We Are Seeking:
A highly motivated and creative digital learning designer to manage and develop our immersive training curricula. The ideal candidate should have experience in instructional design and visual design, and be comfortable running a publishing program, owning visual content strategy and day-to-day decision-making. They should be passionate about technology and be comfortable working with subject matter experts to craft publication-ready instructional materials for teachers and students.
Who You Are:
• You are someone with at least 5+ years of experience in instructional design and development experience of end-to-end learning solutions (e-learning, instructor-led, self-paced).
• You are someone with comfortable creating reusable visual assets and style guide and who can quickly create diagrams and figures for capturing complex technical ideas.
• You are someone deeply skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite—with a knack for freehand drawing and simple diagram building in Google Slides and PowerPoint.
• You are a true believer in the power of education—whether through formal schooling or self-study. You love the idea of impacting students through life-changing educational experiences.
In This Job You Will:
• Work with a small team of visual designers to ensure all visual content is instructive, engaging, and teachable.
• Provide creative, aesthetic, and operational support in the production of professional audio and video recordings; including production planning, equipment and studio set preparation and maintenance.
• Design and develops curricula alongside content experts for courses in a wide variety of topics.
• Apply expertise in the production of graphic design elements for multimedia content for virtual delivery; including video, audio, infographics, still images, interactive PDFs, motion graphics and animations.
• Create a visual edge to courses materials in the form of slide templates, technical diagrams, and simple educational images and animations.
• Architect the visual language for our course materials and acts as the keeper of the brand quality across all curricula to ensure they live up to the highest standards.
• Incorporate information from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce high-performing creative materials.
• Communicate directly with internal stakeholders to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements of a project.
• Continuously discover and share found inspiration and new industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in visual design either for an ad agency, publisher, or marketing group.
• Comfortable creating reusable visual assets and style guides
• Ability to quickly create diagrams and figures for capturing complex technical ideas.
• Deep skills in the Adobe Creative Suite—with a knack for freehand drawing and simple diagram building in Google Slides and PowerPoint.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Ordinance.